PS ARCHITECTS is an architectural studio, founded by architect Penka Stancheva in 1995. To this date, her portfolio includes projects in Berlin, Paris, Koh Samui island in Thailand, and Istanbul. The studio is based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
“For me every Project means outdoing the previous one. We are constantly exploring new territories and ideas. Our aim is to go forward with eyes wide-open, appropriate to the modernity and the trends around the world. Our final product is a dialogue between the client and us, the foundation of which is trust. The outcomes of this interaction are spaces with their own identity, meeting individual needs, away from borrowings and clichés.”
Penka Stancheva’s professional path began with training in St. Petersburg, Sofia, Bordeaux and Venice. Right after graduating in 1995, she started her independent practice. From 2000 to 2003 she was the Bulgarian manager of the international program RADAR for young artists exchange working in the sphere of art and new visions (installations, photography etc.), which is part of the European program CULTURE 2000. The works on the Project were presented at the 2003 Biennale for Contemporary Art in Venice in 2003. From 2005 to 2009, she was chief editor of Home Style – a supplement on interior and design in the Capital Newspaper.
In 2010, she created a series of designer furniture for Bulgarian furniture factory MEBELOR, which was presented at the Cologne fair and included in its press (http://www.rundschau-online.de/moebelmesse-kuscheln-auf-packpapier-11251024).
She has won multiple of awards including:
- 2017 - Silver A’ Design Award in Interior Space and Exhibition Design Category by the International Design Academy, for Project 155;
- 2011 - “BUILDING OF THE YEAR” for the building known as Yablanski’s house;
- 2008 - SPECIAL BAUMIT AWARD for long-term partnership;
- 2007, 2010 - “INTERIOR OF THE YEAR” of Nash Dom magazine;
- 2002 - “HOUSE OF THE YEAR” of Idealen Dom Magazine.
In June 2011, she was a guest lecturer at PACHAKCHA. Since 2012, she has been a guest lecturer at UACG on the Practicing the Profession Course.
“In today’s world of social cataclysms, of migrations, of destruction, of obvious changes in values, I often find myself asking what exactly design is. Can beauty not be an end in itself? For me, our job is what transforms a thing or space into pride, passion, desire, or otherwise, what transforms it from a purely material fact into an emotional object.”
Over the years, the projects bearing the signature of PS ARCHITECTS have become synonymous with professionalism, detailed elaboration and individual character. Through them, we create strictly individual decisions tailored to each client. What unites all our projects is the best reading of the realities of spaces and their most efficient use. The dialogue with the client and understanding his specific needs is a very important part of the whole design process.
Our results are successful because of profound detail, excellent knowledge of materials and technology, as well as the intensive work on the implementation of each project. The company's portfolio includes building and interior projects. We can be partners and work on your project at any of the following stages:
- Defining the task;
- Visiting the site;
- Measuring the existing spaces;
- Conceptual project;
- Photorealistic project visualizations;
- Detailed work design – plans, cuts, views, material selection, inventories, quantitative accounts;
- Budgeting the project;
- Creative control over the completion of the project;
- Organization and monitoring of the work during the completion of the Project
Our partners for completion of the projects are leading companies in the building sector, finishing works, furnishing, lighting, building materials, planting, graphic designers and photographers.
We design building projects in which our leading idea is to combine the right plan with the right scale of the spaces and elegant aesthetics.
We work with the space. Our goal goes beyond the idea of simply decorating the space.
The furniture which we are going to design and produce for you shall respond to your needs in the best way possible.
The supervision during the completion of the Project is of key importance for its success.
Your trust which we are going to earn in the process of working on the project, could make you entrust us with its overall realization.
If you need any help solving a problem, you could ask us anytime.
• ADIS Ltd – Real estate agency;
• APARELLE Ltd – Representative of ESPRIT and MARCO POLO for Bulgaria;
• ARIMEX Ltd – Building company;
• BIO Bulgaria Ltd – Producer and dealer of bio-products;
• BOLSA - Investor of The Residence Exclusive Club (ex House of Yablansky);
• Boris Misirkov – Photographer;
• VAS VAL AUTO – Car service;
• VIRUS Ltd – Advertising agency;
• Dr Bobeva – Dentist;
• Dr Dinkova – Orthodontist;
• Dimitar Smileniov – Lawyer;
• AIR SOFIA - Freight forwarding company;
• AIR VIA – Charter flights company;
• Ivelina Slavova – Lawyer;
• IMMOREAL Ltd – Investment company for real estates;
• Intext Ltd – Producer of and dealer of doors;
• Kamenitza – Brewery;
• KATE concept house – Company trading with textile and furniture;
• Clubbing company – The owner of Black Label club and Chervilo club;
• Maria Djelebova – Photographer;
• Martin Kostov – Engineer-constructor, PLAN 90 Ltd;
• MEBELOR Ltd – Furniture producer;
• Milena Rizova – Lawyer;
• Pastorant – restaurant;
• Peter Mihailov & Co - Company trading materials for the furniture industry;
• Sangreal – Construction company;
• Milchevi family – Owners of Praкtis, chain of stores;
• Svetlana Kirilova – Notary;
• TED ltd – Mattress factory;
• TED CERAMIC CENTER – Morrellato – Floorings and tiling trading company;
• Maleevi Tennis Club;
• TECHNOPOLIS – Chain store for machinery;
• TOP GROUP Ltd – Floorings and tiling trading company;
• UNIQA – Insurance company;
• FLASH Co – Manufacturer and trader of plumbing parts, construction company;
• FUTURA INTERNATIONAL Ltd –